Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: What are your favorite kinds of avatars?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would change my avatar to my high school photo, if someone would tell me how to do that. I know we've had that discussion before, but please forgive me for wanting to ask, instead of doing a search. [img]wink.gif[/img] Any volunteers?
    Joy

  2. #22
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by OSusannah:
    I'd like to suggest that we all use a girl scout picture for our avatar next! Meaning a picture of you in your uniform if you have one!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm. I am going to have to dress one of my dolls in the custom Brownie outfit I had made for her. It is the 1970/80s version of the jumper with the two pockets and the Brownie logo-striped blouse. Then I can make an avatar, although I really dislike changing the avatar I have. Perhaps I can just add it to this thread as a picture in a message...

    In any case, it will have to wait until next week, after I get home on the weekend to pick the outfit up.

    Taffy

  3. #23
    Inactive Member WhimsicalGypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, if you recognize mine, then you know how perfect it is for my name! I'm a little upset though that they resized it so now it looks blurry like the Hostboard stock ones. I'll either get a better one or switch it to an AG one when I get a good shot of my girls.

    Does Hostboard resize them all? Or can someone tell me how to do it? [img]redface.gif[/img]

    And for those of you not in the know...my avatar is Gypsy, the only female robot on the Sci-Fi/Comedy show "Mystery Science Theater 3000". My favorite robot is Crow...before I started watching I was told by a friend I reminded her of a sarcastic gold robot known to say "off color" things...but I'm a girl and her name is Gypsy, and shs's PURPLE! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by AGTeacher:
    Dolls, but love the ones Kitchy has which move!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DITTO! DARTH! I am with you on this one...for once!...he-he-he...GOOD DARTH!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Darth [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The moderating team is currently working on a rule about avatars on our board due to a number of concerns. Do you have a concern or desire to see a specific type of avatar on our board?

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by judiaci:
    The moderating team is currently working on a rule about avatars on our board due to a number of concerns. Do you have a concern or desire to see a specific type of avatar on our board?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like basically any type of avatar, except for maybe super-religious ones. And really, I wouldn't mind those as long as all religions are allowed and nobody tries to start some kind of religious debate. I especially like doll-related and humorous avatars.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like to see doll-related avvies best, but if people use a Hostboard account to visit more than one board, I don't know if it would be fair to restrict those types of avvies. (Plus a lot of people don't necessarily have the means to get pics of their own dolls online, which would make it harder for them to get a custom avvie. The only workaround for that would be if we had default avvies for probably all the dolls in multiple outfits, so people could pick the one they liked best if they couldn't make their own. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Until last week I used a stock pic because I just couldn't figure out what pic to use or how to resize a pic to make it fit. I also just got a scanner so the only way I could get a pic was through my digital camera. My pic is so squished you can't really see much in the picture, but at least everyone here can figure out what it is.

    Maybe we could get some premade avatars of some AG doll stuff(doll pics, logos, etc.). That way if people can't figure out how to make their own(or can't) they can easily choose something that appropriate to the board and themselves.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 23, 2006 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (aka Katie from IL) ]</font>

  9. #29
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like all avatars. How do you get a custom avatar? All I use are the stock ones cuz that's all I know how to use. But you're right, the stock ones are less interesting. Still, there shouldn't be any rules saying you CAN"T use a stock photo avatar...that's the only one some of us CAN use. BTW...is there a way to have NO avatar? (Boring, I know, and I wouldn't wanna do it, but I wondered if it were possible?)

  10. #30
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    I like avatars where people express themselves. I think that if we had dolls only avatars it would be very boring. Variety is the spice of life! And see all the differnet things people put up is fun!Even Miss Curly Cats maniac banana adds its own touch [img]tongue.gif[/img] Though if you watch it to long you start to almost move with it....... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •